If you are having PostgreSQL password issues, see below:
Solution: ("postgrespass" or "dbpass" are the common Passwords people forget)
- Note: If you are migrating to Holdem Manager from a competitors product, your postgres password is more than likely "dbpass." If you came here from the Holdem Manager installation, re-run the installation and use "dbpass" without quotes for the postgres password.
- Note: For username 'postgres' the default password is typically 'postgrespass'.
- Note: If you're having problems inside of Holdem Manager, please see the solution below.
Use any user/pass for PostgreSQL
You can't retrieve your username and password, but you can edit the pg_hba.conf file so any username and password will work.
To edit the pg_hba.conf file, do the following:
- Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
- Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 references to trust. Save and close the file.
- Move the file back to the data folder.
- Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services
Holdem Maanger and PostgreSQL will accept any password now.
Can't Connect to PostgreSQL?
See the general PostgreSQL Connection FAQ